Monday, March 12, 2007

Paris 2006 (updated)

Today is the first day of my 3rd sem here. No time to write, I will just post the photos first. Click "Read more" to see the photos. Cheers!

(updated 5 April 07) Hey, after almost one month. Sorry for not updating this earlier and thanks to those who have been visiting although there were no new posts in recent weeks. Will be off to Salzburg for the Easter weekend tomorrow, so I think I better finish this before there are more photos for me to post here. Photos from my trip back to Malaysia are coming up next. p/s: Please tell me what you think of the "Read more" function.

Well, this trip took me from Albstadt to Rouen, Paris, Metz, Luxembourg, Heidelberg(again), Würzburg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Nördlingen, Augsburg, Füssen and Munich(again). Total time: 16 days. Departed from Stuttgart Airport on the 21 Dec 06 evening. Supposed to reach Paris CDG airport at 9pm and then take a 11pm train to Rouen, where Sia Ven is. But thanks to a 2 hours flight delay, I missed my train and had to overnight in Paris. And to make things worse, I accidentally swallow a chewing gum during the flight while talking to a Chinese girl, who at first asked whether I am from Guangzhou. This girl actually knows quite a number of my seniors in Heilbronn and she had actually guessed that I am a Malaysian simply from my malaysian chinese slang before she asked me the Guangzhou question but was too shy to say straight away that I am from Malaysia. Malaysian chinese slang, embarrassing? Chinese that reject, rebuke and refuse to use chinese are more embarrassing. Anyway later she and her friend in Paris helped me to find a hostel in Paris. It was already 1am when I finally found a hostel and a bed to end that eventful day.

Spent the whole 22 Dec in Rouen. Had dinner with French friends of Sia Ven but since I cant speak French and they don't speak much English and German, there was no much conversation between me and them, quite an awkward experience. But fortunately a guy who can speak a little German came after that. Anyway Rouen is nice, but I didn't take any pictures there.

The next day we departed to Paris and went to CDG again to wait for Wendy who was coming from London to join us for the trip. From then till 27 Dec we were in Paris, covering almost all the famous parts of Paris, thanks to Sia Ven and 2 of her friends who offered their apartment for us to stay in.







Christmas was around the corner. Spent a quiet Christmas in Paris.








Siput babi.... Tasted better than I have expected.
Went to Metz on 27 Dec and spent two nights there. Also in Sia Ven friends' place. Nice people everywhere, hehe. Shown in this picture is Kai Lun, who did a great job to accommodate us. We were eating a traditional French meal with cheese, potato and meat. Delicious!

5 comments:

Anonymous 8:38 PM, March 12, 2007  

1 guy and 2 girls...=)

King Ung 12:23 PM, April 07, 2007  

zhang zhi, i like the read more function. how do u do that?

with read more function, personally i think ur blog is nicer, and more organized. wow, a long long paris trip... about 3 weeks..... @.@!!

happy easter holiday and enjoy ur trip to salzburg. i am going to netherland.

Anonymous 3:58 PM, May 07, 2007  

Too add to your headache (lol), I dont like too many Read More(s). First impression matters, even for blog, and with lots of Read more's, what people will see when you page loads up are just plenty of Read More's. But of course they have their uses, just got to experiment with it and get more views. Dont be too worried about slow internet speed unless most of your readers are still using dialup. Why not add a poll to your blog asking your readers' views on this matter? -Lih-

Z 6:08 PM, May 14, 2007  

Lih
thanks for ur comment but i think the "read more" is going to stay as i have simply too many photos and i would like all of my newer posts to be on the first page. and posts after Noerdlingen 2007 are still unedited. when all are finished, every post shud hav at least one photo shown without the need to click "read more".

E 5:33 PM, June 09, 2007  

Zhi, checked your blog on 9-June 11.32pm Msia time. Liked the new look - at least one photo per post shown automatically (not in Read more) is a good option. Keep it going. Take care.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP